Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

textile inspiration

Here is some inspiration I've been collecting for textile designs.  
I am drawn to neutral things and earth tones (and black) as a rule.  I love texture, tribal references, historical indigenous patterns or natural geometrics.






With summer coming, I've been infusing much more color into my life.  I've always loved color, but I can be wary of them.  As I start wearing more color, I am finding that I use more in interiors.  I've been lucky to have clients that know what they want & many want color.  Many also have young children.  This has me thinking about fabrics that we can all live with and love, no matter our age.














And don't even get me started on stripes.  When in doubt, a classic stripe (awning, ticking, anything!) works in all environments.






No comments:

Post a Comment