Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Stair Runners

I finally got my long awaited stair runners replaced.  There is a slight snafu with the "back" stair so I will have a little painting to do this weekend, however, I am super happy with the new goods!
Before there was a gray and slightly corporate looking runner.  It was probably 15 years old and while it camouflaged dirt really well, it was not very pretty.

The back stair had the same carpet.

Picking out something fun for the back stair that we use to go to our bedroom.  It's also the first thing you see when you come in the oft used side door.  Dash & Albert samples available through Hudson.

I knew I wanted sisal on the main stairs.  This is from Steven King (to the trade).

Another before of the back stairs with paint color swatches






Exposed treads.

On it's way!

If I had a wider staircase, I would have done a wider contrast border for more interest, but it's actually a little narrow in person (which is surprising), so I kept it really simple.


Pretty!



I specified wall-to-wall carpet for the back stairs, but then mis-communicated when I asked the installer if I can use the Dash & Albert runners for the area.  He assumed that I wanted a runner instead.  Now I have some old beat up stairs exposed on either side.  Thus my aforementioned paint project.  Glad this wasn't a client's job.



Front stairs are pretty at night with the Christmas garland.

No comments:

Post a Comment