Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Rejuvenation station

I never said my life is hard. I'll say it here: my life is good.
I just returned from three and a half days of regaining health and focus and rejuvenating myself. My mom had a big birthday this year so I decided to gift her a trip to Canyon Ranch (with me, of course). What a selfish gift!!  Truth is, my birthday was just last last week so I am going with  a "joint gift" title.

We really soaked in the whole thing. The Berkshires this time of year are stellar. I love New England in the fall!

The original property is a mansion built in 1897,  the Bellefontaine mansion was a private home designed by the same architect that created the NY Public Library.  Additions with a more New England flair contain guest rooms and the spa and athletic facilities. The property is situated in a classic vacation destination in the Berkshires that was once home to Nathaniel Hawthorne, Herman Melville, Edith Warton and Norman Rockwell.  




















We took a hike to a duck blind to partake in a little al fresco watercolor painting.



My favorite room was the library.  I am obsessed with it.








The indoor pool held wonderful and surprisingly challenging Aqua classes.

It was a little chilly for the outdoor pool, though it was heated.


Beautiful place and wonderful staff!  I highly recommend it.










No comments:

Post a Comment