Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

timely renovation: an oxymoron

If anyone has told you that there is really a renovation schedule, they are lying.  A schedule is something that is adhered to (in general):
schedule |ˈskejoōl; -jəl|nounplan for carrying out a process or procedure, giving lists of intendedevents and times we have drawn up an engineering schedule.• (usu. one's schedule) one's day-to-day plans or timetable take amoment out of your busy schedule.• a timetable information on airline schedules.


  A construction schedule is an arbitrary timeline that makes the client feel as if they have some control.  I'm just sayin.'
Contractors just seem to love "Twos," and I don't mean two by fours.
Any request you may ask of the contractor beginning with "When...," will be answered with one of the following:
2 months
2 weeks
Tomorrow


So your job is to roll with it, and don't stop asking those when questions.  Patience is a virtue, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease, in a few weeks, maybe.
Luckily, I really like my contractor.


I am still picking out lights and am kicking myself that I didn't take this one home with me from Brimfield:
It would have been perfect in the dressing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment