Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Master floor has a great floor!

Today I met with my contractor and the cabinet maker.  We went over all my wishes and desires for a functional kitchen and then headed up to the master floor to discover that it's been gutted and is open and bright.  The floors were a pleasant surprise.  A nice sanding and staining will make this floor shine.

We also talked about the plans for the master closet, which is actually a room.  I imagine a clothing boutique in my own home.  With great storage, lighting and a place to display my shoes, I may never leave.
Above is the site for our not-so-large master bath.
For the master bath we are going to be using Bianco dolomiti marble for the walls and honed black slate for the floors.

slab of bianco dolomiti

cleft version of black slate
We are also going with gunmetal finish on the fixtures.  This is so me and not for everyone!

Looking forward to seeing it installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment