Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Why I've gone dark

I wish I could report on an incredible sabbatical that kept me from blogging for about a year, but I can't.  I wish that the great hiatus gave me time to be inspired and begin again with fresh eyes, but I can't really do that either.

I just miss writing a little blurb now and again.  Keeping a blog up helps to organize my inspiration and without that inspiration, how good can I be at my job?  I love what I do for a living, so I am going to attempt to re-start maison de lise.  While renovations keep a better narrative for a blog (hello: before and afters!), I think there are great things happing in the world of design, fashion, food and travel that get me excited and will keep me motivated.  Blogging for me is like going to the gym.  Except it doesn't help me fit into my summer skinny jeans.  Hard to maintain, but worth it.

Why I like monotone interiors:  They are the cool girl of interiors.  The Parisian of interiors.

Uber moody and chic

Venetian plaster walls add a richness to this airy room

Linen, leather and wood are natural.  Nature is the best composer.

Feminine and soothing.  Various textures keep this serene environ from being boring.

A traditional and inviting bedroom

This must be French.  I need to go and read Proust on that daybed right now.

Very groovy Moroccan vibe.  Missing Marrakech

Daryl Carter can do no wrong in my book.  It's about great pieces and pared down spaces.

This has more contrast than the rest, but the natural wood and amazing Apparatus light fixture just kill.

Tonal rooms are a palette cleanser.  They are all timeless to me.  I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment